Project Engineer Maritime Signage Projects
Work location: Zoetermeer (South Holland)
We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague to join our maritime projects team.
About the role:
Blomsma has been a leading supplier and service provider in the maritime sector for over 25 years. Many new ships are provided with our Safety Signs and escape route guidance systems. Our engineering department makes signage plans and delivers Safety Signs to shipyards, shipping companies and partners all over the world. Decorative signage and wayfinding is also part of our portfolio. Installations are carried out under the supervision of our project engineers. The engineers carry out light measurements of Low Location Lighting escape route guidance systems, combined with safety inventories on ships at home and abroad. Findings are reported and worked out in detail by our safety draftsmen in a Signplan. Certified product lines are delivered quickly from our own production facilities and stock. Blomsma Signs & Safety is a member of the ISO TC 8 Committee, Maritime Safety, and is actively involved in drawing up and updating ISO standards in the field. All this makes us an internationally oriented, flexible, service-oriented service provider and supplier in the Maritime Signage market.
Your main responsibilities and tasks are:
- Carrying out work recordings and maintenance inspections, including carrying out light measurements and reporting to the client.
- Calculating and quoting signage projects and deliveries.
- Attendance – and, in due course, carry out the work yourself – of sales meetings and making commercial agreements with our clients.
- Preparing and planning assembly work, making agreements with the client, issuing production orders and placing orders in the project preparation phase.
- Supervising and coordinating your assembly teams in the project implementation phase, which you do proactively with short communication lines and (especially in the initial phase) by working on the project location yourself.
- Delivery and quality control in the completion phase both internally and externally with the client and/or the classification society.
- Taking care of and/or following up service and project residual points.
- Initiating, checking and approving project administration, evaluation and invoicing.
What we ask of you:
- MBO-level education, in a commercial or technical direction
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Very good command of the Dutch language, good command of English. Part of the communication is conducted in English.
- You are commercial and technical.
- You have a great sense of responsibility and a certain degree of entrepreneurial spirit.
- Your mindset is: how can we improve this?
- You organize your work and that of your colleagues efficiently and systematically.
- You can be flexible, even under pressure.
- You are willing to travel for work, including abroad, and to spend the night in hotels from time to time.
What we offer:
- Excellent primary and secondary conditions of employment
- Pension provision
- 24 holidays annually
- Travel allowance
- Prospect of permanent employment with good performance
- A challenging job with one of the market leaders in the field of Maritime Signage.
- Challenging work to fully immerse yourself in.
- Internal training and training opportunities.
- An accessible and open corporate culture in which taking the initiative is appreciated.
- Good working atmosphere and team spirit.
- Opportunity for growth, both personally and within the organization.
Do you feel attracted by this vacancy and our company, then we would like to talk to you a.s.a.p.. We await your motivation letter and resume with interest. You can mail this to email@example.com, for the attendance of Corstiaan Heijboer.
Questions about this vacancy or the application procedure can be asked via the above e-mail address.
We look forward to your response!